|Division||Department of Comparative Contemporary Law|
|Research fields||Commercial Law|
Teaching and Research Appointments
|Semptember 2007 -||Associate Professor, Institute of Social Science, The University of Tokyo|
Topics of research
- 1Duty and liability of corporate directors
- 2Mergers and associations, especially hostile takeovers and going-private transactions
- 3Economic analysis of law
Publications (2012- )
- “Numerical Analysis of Corporate Law” (in Japanese)(edition, Yuhikaku, 2013).
- “Corporate Takeovers and Defenses” (in Japanese)(Shoji-homu, 2012).
Selected publications ( -2011)
- “Extinguishing Security Interests: Secured Claims in Japanese Business Reorganization Law and Some Policy Implications for U.S. Law”, Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal, 22(2), pp.427-479, 2006.
- “Corporate Law” (in Japanese)(co-authored with Yasushi Ito, Kenichi Osugi and Hideyuki Matsui, 2nd ed., Yuhikaku, 2011).
- “Going-private and the Role of Courts: A Comparison of Delaware and Japan,” UT Soft Law Review, No.3, pp.12-23, Mar 2011.