|Division||Department of Comparative Contemporary Economics|
|Research fields||Labor Economics, Development Economics|
Teaching and Research Appointments
|April 2017 -||Associate Professor, Institute of Social Science, The University of Tokyo|
Topics of research
- 1Empirical analysis of policy effects and social structural changes using large-scale data
- 2Development of virtual experiment method and application to social issues
- "On-the-job search in urban areas" (co-authored with Yasuhiro Sato), Regional Science and Urban Economics, Volume 42, Issue 4, Pages 715-726, July 2012.
- "An experimental test of a committee search model" (co-authored with Yoichi Hizen, Masaru Sasaki), European Economic Review, Volume 61, Pages 59–76, July 2013.
- "Do Forest Permits Cause Deforestation in Indonesia?", (co-authored with Jarot Indarto, Shinji Kaneko), International Forestry Review, Volume 17, Pages 165-181, June 2015.
- "Work Hour Mismatch and On-the-job Search", Economic Modelling, Volume 47, Pages 280-291, June 2015.
- "Recent Political Change in Myanmar and Its Impact on their Economic Growth", (with Khin Nwe, Yuichiro Yoshida), Asian Economic Journal, Volume 32, Page 39-54, 2018.
- "Measuring the impact of modern waste collection and processing service attributes on residents'acceptance of waste separation policy using a randomised conjoint field experiment in Yogyakarta Province", Indonesia. (Katsufumi Fukuda, Rofiq Isdwiyani, Keisuke Kawata, Yuichiro Yoshida), Waste Management & Research, Volume 36, 841–848, 2018.
- "Effect of Forced Relocation on Household Income and Consumption Patterns: Evidence from the Aynak Copper Mine Project in Afghanistan", (with Ghulam Dastgir, Yuichiro Yoshida), Journal of Development Studies, Volume 54, Page 2061–2077, 2018.
- "Potential demand for voluntary community-based health insurance improvement in rural Lao People's Democratic Republic: A randomized conjoint experiment", (with T. Sydavong, D Goto, K Kaneko, M Ichihashi), PLOS ONE, 14(1): e0210355, 2019.
- "Impact of Low-cost Carriers on International Air Passenger Movements to and from Major Airports in Asia". (with V. Bilotkach, T.S. Kim, J. Park, P. Purwandono, and Y. Yoshida), International Journal of Industrial Organization, 62, 28-57, 2019.
- “Does experience sharing affect farmers’ pro-environmental behavior? A randomized controlled trial in Vietnam.” (co-authored with Vu, Ha Thu, et al.) World Development 136 (2020): 105062
- “Measuring the Impacts of Saffron Production Promotion Measures on Farmers’ Policy Acceptance Probability: A Randomized Conjoint Field Experiment in Herat Province, Afghanistan.” (co-authored with Azimy, Mohammad Wais, et al. ) Sustainability 12.10 (2020): 4026
- “An assessment of Abenomics from the labor market perspective.” (co-authored with Kawaguchi, Daiji and Takahiro Toriyabe) Asian Economic Policy Review (2021)
|Graduate Schools of Economics, University of Tokyo||Machine Learning Methods in Empirical Economics|
|Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo||Advanced Labor Economics (Graduate Level)|