|Division||Department of Comparative Contemporary Law|
|Research fields||Civil Law, Legal History|
Teaching and Research Appointments
|April 2008 − March 2015||Associate Professor, Institute of Social Science, The University of Tokyo|
|April 2015 −||Professor, Institute of Social Science, The University of Tokyo|
Topics of research
- 1Historical study on civil law
- 2Study on modernization of contract law
- 3Comparative sociological study on institution and trust
- “History, Institutions, and Jurisprudence: A comparative contextual approach to the analysis of contract law” Social Science Japan, Number 39, September 2008, pp.20-23.
- “Book Review: Furanchaizu Keiyakuron (Franchise Law and Franchise Agreements), by Sōichirō Kozuka. Tokyo: Yūhikaku, 2006, 266 pp.” Social Science Japan Journal, vol.14 (2), July 2011, pp.286-292.
- “Codification, Decodification, and Recodification of the Japanese Civil Code” Julio Cesar Rivera (ed.), The Scope and Structure of Civil Codes (Ius Gentium: Comparative Perspectives on Law and Justice, Volume 32), Springer, December 2013, pp. 267-285.
- “Codification, Decodification, and Recodification of the Japanese Civil Code” University of Tokyo Journal of Law and Politics, vol.10, March 2013, pp.61-80.
|Graduate Schools for Law and Politics, The University of Tokyo||Civil Law Seminar|
|Graduate School of Public Policy, The University of Tokyo||Civil Law Foundation and Modern Issues|
|Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo||Civil Law (1)|