|Division||Department of Comparative Contemporary Economics|
|Research fields||Welfare economics
Teaching and Research Appointments
|April 2009 −
|Research Associate, Institute of Social Science, The University of Tokyo|
|April 2012 −
|Associate Professor, Graduate School of Social Science, Tokyo Metropolitan University|
|April 2014 −||Associate Professor, Institute of Social Science, The University of Tokyo|
Topics of research
- 1Collective Decision and Rationality
- 2Well-being Measurements and Concepts of Equity
- 3Imperfect Competition and Internal Labor Markets
- 4Welfare States and Theories of Justice
- Another induction proof of the Gibbard-Satterthwaite theorem.Economics Letters (2009), 105, 239-241.
- Collective choice rules and collective rationality: a unified method of characterizations (with D. Hirata).Social Choice and Welfare (2010), 34, 611-630.
- Emission Taxes and Optimal Refunding Schemes with Endogenous Market Structure,Environmental and Resource Economics (2010), 46, 275-280.
- Local Strict Envy-freeness in Large Economies.Mathematical Social Sciences (2010), 59, 319-322.
- Brief proofs of Arrovian impossibility theorems.Social Choice and Welfare (2010), 35, 267-284.
- Local envy-freeness and equal-income Walrasian allocations. Economics Letters (2010), 107, 239-241.
- Privatization policy and cost-reducing investment by the private sector. The Manchester School (2011), 79, 1157–1178.
- Maskin monotonicity and infinite individuals. Economics Letters (2011), 110, 56-59.
- The efficiency of the state-owned firm and social welfare: a note. Bulletin of Economic Research (2012), 64, 275-285.
- A generalization of Campbell and Kelly's trade-off ｔheorem (joint work with Yohei Sekiguchi). Social Choice and Welfare (2012), 38, 237-246.
- Social Choice without the Pareto Principle: A Comprehensive Analysis. Social Choice and Welfare (2012), 39, 869-889. DOI: 10.1007/s00355-011-0564-z
- Pareto Principles, positive responsiveness, and majority decisions. Theory and Decision(2011), 71, 503-518.
- The top-dog and the lean and hungry look strategies in endogenous entry (joint work with Ryoko Oki). Economic Modelling (2011), 28, 2776-2782.
- Szpilrajn, Arrow, and Suzumura: concise proofs of extension theorems and an extension. Metroeconomica (2012), 63, 235-249.
- Fair allocations in large economies with unequal production Skills. International Journal of Economic Theory (2012), 8, 321-336.
- A note on the extension of a binary relation on a set to the power set. Economics Letters (2012), 116, 46-48.
- Complements and consistent closures. Discrete Mathematics (2012), 312, 1218-1221.
- Long-run effects of foreign penetration on privatization policies (joint work with Toshihiro Matsumura). Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (2012), 168, 444-454.
- Leaders and Competitors (joint work with Ryoko Oki). Journal of Economics (2012), 107, 239-255.
- Quasi-decisiveness, quasi-ultrafilter, and social quasi-orderings. Social Choice and Welfare (2013),41,169-202.
- Remarks on Suzumura consistent collective choice rules. Mathematical Social Sciences (2013), 65, 40–47.
- Long-run effects of tax policies in a mixed market (joint work with Toshihiro Matsumura). FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis (2013), 69, 215-240.
- Merger and entry-license tax (joint work with Toshihiro Matsumura). Economics Letters (2013), 119, 11-13
- Competitiveness and R&D competition revisited (joint work with Noriaki Matsushima and Toshihiro Matsumura). Economic Modelling (2013), 31, 541–547
- Social choice, the strong Pareto principle, and conditional decisiveness. Theory and Decision, 75(4), 563-579.
- Menu dependence and group decision making. Group Decision and Negotiation (2014), 23(3), 561-577.
- Alternative proofs of Arrow's general possibility theorem. Economic Theory Bulletin (2013), 1(2), 131-137.
- Independence of irrelevant alternatives revisited. Theory and Decision (2014), 76(4), 511-527.
- The first-order approach to the principal-agent problems under inequality aversion. Operations Research Letters (2013), 41(5), 526-52
- Conditions on social preference cycles. Theory and Decision (2015), 79(1), 1-13.
- Common preference, non-consequential features, and collective decision making. Review of Economic Design (2014), 18(4), 265-287.
- Weak independence and social semi-orders. Japanese Economic Review (2015), 66(3), 311–321.
- Extended anonymity and Paretian relations on infinite utility streams (joint work with Tsuyoshi Adachi and Kohei Kamaga). Mathematical Social Sciences (2014), 72, 24–32.
- Optimal privatization and trade policies with endogenous market structure (joint work with Toshihiro Matsumura). Economic Record (2015) 91(294), 309–323. doi: 10.1111/1475-4932.12189.
- Weak independent decisiveness and the existence of a unique vetoer. Economics Letters (2015), 131, 59-61.
- Weak independence and the Pareto principle. Social Choice and Welfare (2016), 47(2), 295-314.
- The optimal tariff structure and foreign penetration. Asia-Pacific Journal of Accounting & Economics, (2017) 24(1-2), 83-94
- Unanimity, anonymity, and infinite population. Journal of Mathematical Economics (2017), 71, 28-35.
- Decisive coalitions and positive responsiveness. Metroeconomica (2018), 69(1), 308-323.
- Transparency and performance evaluation in sequential agency (joint with Akifumi Ishihara), Journal of Law, Economics, & Organization (2017), 33(3), 475-506.
- Collective rationality and decisiveness coherence. Social Choice and Welfare (2017), 50(2), 305–328.
- Hybrid invariance and oligarchic structures. The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics (BEJTE) (2018), 18(1).
- Infinite population and positive responsiveness: a note. Economics Bulletin(2018), 38(1), 196-200.
- Incomplete decision-making and Arrow’s impossibility theorem. Mathematical Social Sciences, 94, 58-64．2018.
- Choice functions and weak Nash axioms. Review of Economic Design, 22(3-4), 159-176．2018.
- On the existence of an equitable allocation. Metroeconomica, 69(3), 644-654．2018.
- Incompleteness, regularity, and collective preference. Metroeconomica, (2020), 71(2), 333-344
- Extending the Intersection Approach. Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, (2020), 21(3), 230-248
- Quasi-stationary social welfare functions. Theory and Decision, (2020), 1-22
- From the St. Petersburg paradox to the dismal theorem. Environment and Development Economics, (2020), 25(5), 423-432.
- Social distancing as a public good under the COVID-19 pandemic. (joint work with Iida, T., Ishida, K., Ito, A., McElwain, K. M., & Shoji, M.), Public health, (2020), 188, 51-53.
- COVID-19 and social distancing in the absence of legal enforcement: Survey evidence from Japan. (joint work with Shoji, M., Iida, T., Ishida, K., Ito, A., & McElwain, K.), MPRA Paper, (2020).
- M.A Rehabilitation of the Institutional Approach to Japanese Economic History: Introduction to the Special Issue. (joint work with Nakabayashi, M.), Social Science Japan Journal.
- Superset-robust collective choice rules. (joint work with Bossert, W.), Mathematical Social Sciences, (2021), 109, 126-136.