|Division||Contemporary China Research Base|
|Research fields||The Chinese Economy, Regional economy, and Small Business Studies|
Teaching and Research Appointments
|April 2012 -||Project Research Associate, Institute of Social Science, The University of Tokyo|
Topics of research
- 1Studies on industrial development and industrial cluster in contemporary China
- 2Comparative studies on industrial clusters and SMEs in East Asia
- “From a ‘Black Market’ to a ‘Pantheon of Miscellaneous Goods’: A Regional Development in Yiwu, China”, Hiroyuki Kato ed., Urbanization and Industrial Agglomerations in Yangtze Delta, Keiso Shobo, pp.152-177, 2012(in Japanese).
- “Transformations of Industrial Clusters in Japan: Clustering and “Made in Japan” ”, Guangdong Science and Technology, No.280, pp.51-60, 2012(in Chinese).
- “Agglomeration Economies with Heterogeneous firms in China: Evidence from Firm-Level Data in 2007” Journal of Social Science, Vol.63, No.3, pp.121-141, 2011.
- Asei Ito, “Industrial Relocation from Coastal China: An Empirical Analysis on “the Domestic Flying Geese Pattern””, Journal of Chinese Economic Studies, Vol.10, No.1, 2013(in Japanese).
- Asei Ito, “Growth and Expansion of Industrial Cluster in Pearl River Delta: A Case Study of Guzhen Lighting Industry”, Mita Journal of Economics, Vol.105, No.3, 2012(in Japanese).
- Asei Ito, “The End of “Workshop of the World”?: New Challenges for China and the Global Manufacturing Equilibrium”, Newsletter of the Institute of Social Science, University of Tokyo, 2013.
- Asei Ito, “Industrial Agglomeration and Dispersion in China: Evidence from Province- and City-Level Data in the 2000s”, paper presented at the Asia Pacific Economic Association, conference on “China and the World Economy”, 15-16th, March, 2013, at University of Tokyo.
- “Multi-level and Multi-route Innovation Policies in China: A Programme Evaluation Based on Firm-level Data”,Millenial Asia, Vol 8, Issue1,April 2017, pp.78-107 (Asei ITO, Zhuoran LI and Min WANG).
- “Bottom-up Industrialization in the People's Republic of China: A Case Study of Industries Producing Small Things in Zhejiang”, Kazuko Furuta and Linda Grove eds., Imitation, Counterfeiting and the Quality of Goods in Modern Asian History, pp.245-281, Springer, October 2017.