|Division||Department of Comparative Contemporary Economics|
|Research fields||Labor Economics|
Teaching and Research Appointments
|April 2016 -||Associate Professor, Institute of Social Science, The University of Tokyo|
Topics of research
- 1Empirical analysis of labor market
- “The effects of supply chain disruptions caused by the Great East Japan Earthquake on workers." Japan and the World Economy(2018).https://doi.org/10.1016/j.japwor.2018.03.007
- “The Effectiveness of Demand-Side Government Intervention to Promote Elderly Employment: Evidence from Japan with Hitoshi Shigeoka. Industrial and Labor Relations Review, 70 (4): 1008-1036. August 2017.
- “Does Promoting Elderly Employment Hurt Young Japanese Workers? Social Science Japan Journal, 20(2), 279–285
- “Availability of Long-term Care Facilities and Middle-aged People’s Labor Supply in Japan” Asian Economic Policy Review, 12 (1) 95-112, January 2017.
- “Researchers' Career Transitions over the Life Cycle” with Daiji kawaguchi and Keiji Saito. Scientometrics, 109(3), 1435-1454. 2016.
- “Effects of increased elderly employment on other workers’ employment and elderly’s earnings in Japan,”IZA Journal of Labor Policy, 2016, 5:2
- “Differential Effects of Graduating during a Recession across Gender and Race,”IZA Journal of Labor Economics, 4:23, December 2015.
- “Inter-industry labor reallocation and task distance,” with Saori Naganuma, Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Volume 38, December 2015, Pages 127–147.
- “Effects of Universal Health Insurance on Health Care Utilization, Supply-Side Responses and Mortality Rates: Evidence from Japan,” with Hitoshi Shigeoka, Journal of Public Economics,, Volume 99, March 2013, Pages 1-23.
- “In Search of a Better Life: The Occupational Attainment of Rural and Urban Migrants in China,” with Dongshu Ou, Chinese Sociological Review, 46(1), 25-59, 2013.
- “Fiscal Policy Cyclicality and Growth within the US States,” with Justin Svec, The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics (Advances), Volume 12, Issue 2, March 2012.
- “Long-term Effects of Labor Market Conditions on Family Formation for Japanese Youth,” with Yuki Hashimoto, Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, 26 (1), 1-21. March 2012.
- “Gender Specific Labor Market Conditions and Family Formation,”Journal of Population Economics, Volume 25, Number 1, 151-174. December 2011
- “Long-term effects of a recession at labor market entry in Japan and the United States,” with Yuji Genda and Souichi Ohta,Journal of Human Resources, 45(1): 157-196, Winter 2010.
- “Does the First Job Really Matter? State Dependency in Employment Status in Japan,”Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, 21. September 2007. 379-402.