Project Academic Specialist (Pre-doctoral)
Institute of Social Science, the University of Tokyo
We are searching for one full-time pre-doctoral staff member to work under the direction of Eric Weese and Ryuichi Tanaka at the Institute of Social Science, University of Tokyo. Our research project uses structural models to consider the political economy of local public good provision, in particular education. We particularly encourage applications from candidates who are considering applying to top economics PhD programs in the future. Funding is guaranteed for potential contract renewals.
- Start Date:
- Autumn 2023
- 1. Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or other relevant major (or graduation expected by summer 2023)
- 2. Knowledge of a programming language such as R, Stata, etc.
- 3. Ability to communicate in English or Japanese
- We are particularly interested in candidates with a strong background in computer science or applied math. No prior knowledge of economics is required.
- per University of Tokyo regulations
- Popular websites report annual salaries of slightly over JPY 2,500,000 for new graduates employed by universities. Exact salary may vary depending on candidate characteristics.
- via email to email@example.com.
Describe your interest in the position, and include a CV/resume and copy of a recent transcript. You may also include contact information for references and programming code samples, but these are optional. The subject of your email should be “Project Academic Specialist]” followed by your name.
- June 16, 2023